Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm dreaming of a white(sands) Christmas

Just as in the US, the base here is gearing up for the Christmas season.  The chapel is focusing on the advent season, with sermons relating to Zechariah (John the Baptist's father), Mary, Joseph, and the prophets foretelling the birth of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.  Decorations abound, and thankfully, I have even been able to decorate my room to usher in a feeling of the season.

I certainly would prefer to be home this Christmas, helping E with all the decorating and spending time with my sweet family.  But I will make the most of this season here, doing my best to bring attention to the birth of the promised Messiah.


Lots of encouraging letters and pictures from our life group.  Can you tell which ones are from the kids?




My Charlie Brown Christmas tree (from Mom) and my Christmas Turkey (from kids)




As Cheery as I could make the entrance to my room.  No, that is not mistletoe, E.  Just the Christmas bells.






Christmas lights on my bunk.  You might notice they aren't lit.  Apparently the Christmas light wiring and the local power source were incompatible, evidenced by the 2 minutes of light followed my smoke and no lights.  Oops.




Lots of yummy food sent by care package.  My favorite: the fritos for Chili Pie.  They have great chili here, but no fritos' so my sweet wife took it upon herself to send the vital missing ingredient for this high-class meal.


Wish you all have a Merry Christmas.  E has my address if you want to send a card or letter.  Hand written cards are like gold!  

No comments:

Post a Comment