Friday, October 28, 2011

Safely arrived

Once I get a few more pictures of the base, I will try and describe the environment here.  I've been here about 42 hours, and have [I think] adjusted to the time change pretty well.  Below are some of the pictures leading up to my departure.

Fortunately, there are ample WiFi hotspots around here, so I am able to text my family and Skype daily.  I think that will help the separation from them, especially the little ones.  


My best friend and the strongest woman I know.  And beautiful, too.

So I pack like a woman.  I don't want to forget anything.

The Boogs.


6 months without HUGS???  My recruiter didn't tell me that!


Sweetest boy in this world.

More to come.  I will try to include some pics to give an idea of my setting here.  Sorry this is so brief.  Will make up for it next time!

"But you will not leave in haste or go in flight;  For the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard."  Isaiah 52:12

No comments:

Post a Comment